Monday, March 24, 2014

Time management


What is time management? Time management is when you schedule your time sparingly to make sure your not wasting your days away. I am not very good at time management and often find myself wasting my days away watching movies and surfing on my phone.  By managing time think about all of the extra time you could save! You might even be able to go to bed early! I am going to start planning out my time more precisily and I challenge you to do so too!! (:

- I used to have a planner to plan my time but that didn't work very well for me.  Right now I am just relying heavily on my memory and try to plan in my head the things I need to do.  Everyday during school I usually get out a piece of paper and write down all the things I need to get done.  I do this especially when I have a long week or weekend ahead of me. Writing things down really helps me stay on task and accomplish what needs to be done.

Today in my leadership class we talked about the "rocks" and "sand" we have in our lives.  Below I have listed some of those things that apply in my life. 

Rocks-
Work
Shopping
School
Family time
Homework 

Sand-
Hanging out with my friends
Mini vacations
Sports

Distractions-
Cell phone
Instagram
Netflix
Facebook

I am going to start using a planner to plan out my events and use my time more wisely.  I have tried using a planner in the past and it has worked before so I need to get back on it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment